May 2013 Mozscape Index Is Live!
Posted by bradfriedman
Hey Mozheads, Brad here! It's a beautiful Friday here in Seattle, and I hope the day finds you well wherever you are.
This is a very special release, you guys. This is the first Mozscape index that was processed by our virtual private cloud in Virginia! This is a big part of our long-term strategy to streamline our processing for maximum freshness and value. For now, some of our indexes will be from our Elastic Compute Cloud clusters and some will be from our VPC in Virginia while we figure out how best to use our resources.
Our histogram shows that the index was crawled from the second half of March through the first half of April.
And now, the juicy details — metrics for this latest index:
- 90,875,257,743 (91 billion) URLs
- 8,514,925,232 (8.5 billion) Subdomains
- 163,482,796 (163 million) Root Domains
- 917,461,264,950 (917 billion) Links
Followed vs. Nofollowed
- 2.15% of all links found were nofollowed
- 56.4% of nofollowed links are internal
- 43.6% are external
- Rel Canonical – 14.83% of all pages use a rel=canonical tag
The average page has 76 links on it
- 65.49 internal links on average
- 10.95 external links on average
And here are the correlations with Google's US search results:
- Page Authority – 0.36
- Domain Authority – 0.19
- MozRank – 0.24
- Linking Root Domains – 0.30
- Total Links – 0.25
- External Links – 0.29
Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments! And check out a list of our previous index updates with metrics here.
Have a great weekend, everybody, and May the 4th be with you!
Sign up for The Moz Top 10, a semimonthly mailer updating you on the top ten hottest pieces of SEO news, tips, and rad links uncovered by the Moz team. Think of it as your exclusive digest of stuff you don’t have time to hunt down but want to read!