Big Update to the SEOmoz Toolbar for Firefox!
Posted by adamf
I’m happy to share a bit of good news for all of you Firefox toolbar aficionados–we have just launched the MozBar V2 . This is the biggest update we have made to the toolbar in the past year, and includes a bunch of great new features, big and small.
Here’s a quick rundown:
1. Enhanced link and keyword highlighting
We have always offered the ability to highlight nofollow links, but what about when you want to quickly see all of your followed links, or perhaps see the links that link to external sites? We now offer all of that. We also added the ability to highlight keywords to so you can easily assess the keyword on the page.
2. Ability to create custom search profiles based on search engine, country, and/or region
Say, for instance, you have a pizza chain in three cities and you spend a lot of time checking local listings in each. Or, perhaps you’re keeping tabs on the search results for the term "SEO" in 5 different countries. This new feature allows you to save up to 10 search engine profiles that you commonly use and quickly open and compare the results for each. Just run a search from your favorite search engine, and the SERP Control Panel will open up on the top right of the page. Select a profile to open that search in a new browser window.
Click Add a New Profile to create a new search engine profile, and choose a name can find it easily.
3. CSV Export from your SERP result pages
On the same control panel, you also have the ability to export that page of results, along with all of the high-level link data shown in the SERP overlay.
4. IP Location at a glance
You will now notice a new button with a flag that shows up in the toolbar as you surf the web. This new toolbar addition shows the country where this site is hosted. Click on the flag to see more details about the location and IP address. If you want to learn more, click on the IP to access WhoIs information.
5. A lot of other improvements to get you the data you want faster
- A new dropdown in the domain metrics section of the toolbar lets you switch between root domain and subdomain metrics
- Link counts in the toolbar are now clickable and will take you straight to Open Site Explorer
- The Page Analysis button (with the magnifying glass icon) now allows you to jump to the data you want directly
- Page Elements: tags and metadata straight from the page source
- Page Attributes: detailed information about the page, including data like page load time, outbound link counts, and HTTP status codes for the current page and any redirects that directed you to the current page.
- Link Data: All of our top link metrics from our Linkscape index
Do You Like Movies?
If you want an even clearer picture of what is available in the toolbar, Cyrus has created an all new screencast walking through the top features of the toolbar:
Many thanks to those of you who have shared your suggestions and feedback for toolbar improvements. Without you, most of these features would never have been conceived. If you have more ideas for features you would like to see included in our next update, please visit our feature request forum and let us know what we can do to make the toolbar even better.
P.S. For those of you who prefer Chrome to Firefox, we are just starting work on a big update for Chrome as well. Keep an eye out for it in the coming months.